Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Embarking on a new form of Support

I recently had the honor and privilage of signing up to Soldiers Angels Chaplain Support Team.

It is an incredible way to support our troops!! Whether it be jewish, musilm, or christian. No religion is left behind or forgotten. No Soldier is...

Our beliefs are an intricate aspect of our lives.
As a catholic I take it seriously. Just as I know many others of faith do.

Chaplains reach out to all soldiers. Even those that do not profess any faith. Will still benefit from this. What an excellent opportunity!!

Tentatively I have reached out to people in my workplace and people I know for donations.
Here is the list of items requested.

T-shirts
Underwear
Socks
Deodorant
Mouth-wash
Lotion
Soap
Sun-Block/ bug repellant
Refurbished Laptops
Cameras
Tooth-Paste
Tooth brush
Foot/Shower Powder
Sporting Goods
Powdered Gatorade
Cooling scarfs
Water jugs or bottles
Thank You cards-written "Dear friend, thank you for all you do!"
Cards/ blank birthday cards or blank cards for them to write people with.
Stationairy
Female items; hair products, hair ties, etc.
Pictures of outdoors scenes. {Soldiers enjoy pictures of lakes, fields, forests, etc. Scenic pictures.}
Religoius music Cd's
Religious Items-crosses, jewish items, muslim items.
Religious books
MP3 players

The Chaplain and His Assistant have 950 Soldiers they care for. If someone reading is interested in donating. Please email me at;
saoirse_sa@yahoo.com

I cannot give out names and addys. Anything would have to be sent to me. We do give tax receipts if someone needs one.

God Bless!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home