Friday, May 12, 2006

Mardi Gras!!!

It was a Mardi Gras celebration at work today!!!

I was talking to a co-worker that is in New Orleans about a month ago. Business of course. When we got on the subject of the devistation there. I asked him some questions. It seems alot of people there say the same thing; "It's worse then what you see on t.v." Some of my co-workers lost there homes. We had a collection at christmas and before. We have three warehouses out there and offices.

Somehow we got on the subject of my volunteer work with SA.
He said he had "a few" mardi gras beads left over. Could I use them to send to the troops?
Sure!!

He called me early this week and said, "I am sending you the beads."

Today our mail guy brings me this huge box!! So huge he had trouble taking it off the cart. Hm? Opening it up, it was full of bags of mardi gras stuff. Cups, noise-makers, frisbees. Stuffed animals. Plus a ton of beads!! All kinds!!!

My co-workers had a great time picking some out. I actually called him so he could hear them choosing some beads. One girl took some for her kids; Children that had survived cancer. She hesitated, and I told her take as many as you like!!

There are still a ton left!!!

I was planning on sending some packages out to my Soldiers. The bags are Mardi Gras bags, so I can send them in those. This way maybe they can have a little celebration for themselves!!!

People are so very cool!! Here M is living in an area, still devistated by a natural disastor and can think of someone else, far away. People like supporting the Troops!!

God Bless!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home