Thursday, May 25, 2006

Searching, living for tomarrow...

People seem to look more towards tonight, tomorrow.

I do this at times.

Next week.

Next year.

Trying to get through or get past. Enduring each day, hoping tomorrow will be better. Wanting to see the future. People pay millions to see what there future holds. Oftentimes seeking these answers from complete strangers. What is in store for me?

Either we live in the past with our accumulated issues. Or we live in the future hoping things will improve or become how we think it should be. How it should be. Because at this time things just aren’t right. This is not how things should be.
Should, could be. Will be if I just wait longer.

Seeking to accumulate wealth, material possession’s people in their lives. People accumulate friends like "myspace" buddies. Collecting and counting. Friends collected like coins in a jar. To pull out when we want to impress. See how many friends I have? As if they can tell me that I belong or that I am worthy.

Who has time for thousands of friends?
Who has the consideration and patience to be a true friend to them all?
Why do we look for relationships with strangers when our community is right outside our doors?

It works because the illusion is, the Internet is free space. I don’t have to be myself; I don’t even have to be truthful about who I am or what I do. The facade people create on the internet. Is a reflection of the facades created in real life. Pretence and illusion. Rather then reality and fact.

Often we are so busy accumulating or planning and plotting the future that we don’t see what we have right now.
Right now.
What do I have?

As I am working on my comp, acknowledging the praise of my internet pals, my child sits watching t.v.
"Don’t bother me now daughter or son, I am talking to my friends."

There is nothing wrong with the internet. Just don’t allow it to become my entire existence. Try not to create some false world, rather then accept the reality of my existence now.

Or my parents are wondering how I am. Why haven’t I called? My sister as well. My friends, wondering why I can’t go out.
I am wasting precious time.
Wasting time.

Each day is the opportunity to count our blessings. Look around and see all that I have. Right now, is all that matters. Because tomorrow may never come. We are not guaranteed we will be here tomorrow. I am not guaranteed I will be here an hour from now.

Would I want things left unsaid?
Could I leave, knowing everyone in my life. Every true friend, every family member, every co-worker. Knows how I feel about them. That I am grateful for them. That I count them as blessings. That I cherish them? Look around and cherish, embrace what I have right now. Keep my loved ones close, and tell them often how much they mean to me.

Fix the problems, deal with the situations.

Never allow things to wallow or languish.

Accept what I have right now. Cherish it.

Embrace each day, as if it were my last. Accept all I have now and stop looking for more, or to get over that hill. People mistakenly think life is about endurance. Life is about accumulating or wealth. When really I think life is about love. The love we have, through friendships and family. Because tonight or tomarrow may never come.

God Bless~~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home